If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to: TransGlobe Publishing Ltd., 5 Fleet Place, London EC4M 7RD, UK.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Order information
- Website usage data
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, to send you promotional emails about products, events, services or offers we think may be relevant to you.
Cookies, device information and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small data file placed on your computer that often includes an anonymous unique identifier. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. For more information about cookies and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our webs traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
More on device information gathering
In addition to cookies, we may also use the following:
- 'Log files' to track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages and date/time stamps.
- 'Web beacons', 'tags' and 'pixels' which are electronic files used to record information about how our Site is browsed.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email or post. If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: TransGlobe Publishing Ltd., 5 Fleet Place, London EC4M 7RD, UK
We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may share your personal information to third parties if the law requires us to, such as subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information may be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the http://www.tgpublishingltd.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site's data protection and privacy policies fully.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
TransGlobe Publishing Ltd, 5 Fleet Place, London, EC4M 7RD, United Kingdom